Thursday, March 6, 2014

Baby Shower: Owl Theme

A couple weeks ago, I had the privilege of putting on & hosting a baby shower for one of my best friends! She is expecting a baby girl due in April. We are thrilled to add another little one to the mix of "baby friends" & our girls will be about 4 months apart. 

I had so much fun planning & getting things ready for the baby shower.

{Owl Themed Baby Shower}
Location: My house

First of all, Courtney is doing her nursery in Owls. She found an adorable fabric that includes cute little birds & flowers as well as owls & her colors are pink & teal. She is also adding chevron in the mix & it was fun to have a few little chevron details in the decor. It was easy to decorate in those colors since I already had decor to match & was able to use some of her nursery items as well. My mother in law got her this little sign & I was able to use it on the door.

I used our dining room for the refreshments. The pink & teal pom poms were left over from other baby showers I have hosted & birthday parties. I always have a ton of tull on hand since I use it a lot in my Christmas decor. I just tied it to the chain of the chandelier & let it drape around & behind the table.


Simple decorations on the table included blue mason jars, nursery sign that Courtney bought, burlap table runner I made a couple years ago, & cute little chevron candy dishes that belong to Courtney as well. I made little signs with details about the food & little owl cup cake toppers.



Since the shower was held at 2pm, I figured most everyone had eaten lunch. I had simple refreshments that included a chicken ranch cheeseball with crackers, assorted fruit with a vanilla bean cream cheese fruit dip, mixed nuts, chocolate eggs & white cake cupcakes with pink frosting. The favors were little chocolate nests with the same chocolate eggs in them. Cute for an owl/bird theme! I have also done the same favors when I hosted a bridal shower themed "Love Birds" =)




I added little Thank You tags to the favor nests =)




Water & Punch were the drinks of choice! Paper straws are always so much fun =) 


Pretty pink raspberry punch includes:
Pink lemonade
Sprite
Raspberry sherbet
Very simple to make!




 Living room decorating was also very simple. I used a baby banner I made for another shower a couple years ago (it's always so nice to have things available to reuse!) another sign for the nursery & a little chalk board with the words "It's a Girl!" written on it.




Another fun little thing I have done before is an advice tree! I just made little birds & owls from craft paper, punched holes in them & tied some string to them so they could be hung on the tree.





It's always fun to see what wishes & advice each guest has for the new mommy & baby.




 Courtney only had 8 weeks to go & still looks amazing!




The littlest guest, Rilynn! She always makes this face when she's trying to figure out what's going on! =)


We played a couple games that included baby gift bingo, draw a baby on the paper plate & then I set a timer to go off while she was opening gifts & whoever brought the gift she was opening at the time got a prize. I just used little hand lotions, hand sanitizers, body wash & bubble baths as the prizes.


Its always so much fun seeing all the cute little baby gifts!



We had a great time! Several ladies came out for the party & Courtney got a bunch of great gifts...now we are just waiting on that little girl to make her arrival!! 


Pretty much the only expenses for this event was for the food, plates, napkins, cups & straws. I also called the florist & had a bunch of baby's breath held for me to use in the mason jars. I am also always picking up little lotions, hand sanitizers etc for possible gifts or just to have on hand. I had collected several so they were perfect for prizes. 

I enjoy having these kinds of events & have hosted many over the years! Most items are reusable or easy to make. I had help from Matt's Aunt Maudine who came early to get the food fixed, favor tags tied & things arranged. She also was a great baby sitter while I hosted =) Unfortunately my mother in law was in the hospital starting her first chemo treatments & Gmama ended up sick, so my family help was limited. The most important step to any event is to start EARLY & try not to stress out! haha With 2 kids in the mix you never know what might happen. I started decorating 2 weeks early & worked on  a few things here & there during nap times. We were also out of town the weekend before & then I got SICK! Thankfully I got to the Dr. early & was well enough to have a good time =)

I am blessed with good friends & couldn't be happier for Neil & Courtney to welcome this new little addition =)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a CEO!