Saturday, December 31, 2011

Greyson Matthew

Greyson Matthew Crawford
Arrived December 9th, 2011

This month has been SO busy & eventful! Greyson made his arrival 2 days after my due date. Labor started friday morning at 6:30am & I held off all morning until I decided to call the doctor at 1:30pm. I wanted to make sure it was the real deal since we live 45 min from the hospital (more or less) sometimes it can take up to an hour to get there. They only keep you at 4 cm so I was determined to make sure when we made the trip we weren't sent home. 

The doctor said to go on in to labor & delivery so I called Matt at work. He made it home a little while later, but had to get cleaned up & finish up a few things, so we didn't actually leave for the hospital until 3:15! During that time I all of a sudden started cleaning like crazy during contractions! They were about 5 minutes apart & I was running around making sure everything was taken care of since we would be in the hospital a few days. My parents were coming Monday from PA so I finished up their room & grabbed some last minute things. We made it to the hospital (safely) but somehow in great time & I was in a room, hooked up to the monitors by 4pm.
I was only 3cm but because I was late & having regular contractions I was allowed to stay. They moved me to a labor room & I progressed to 6cm so Dr. DuBois came in & got things started! I got an epidural & around 8pm I was ready to have the baby!

After the epidural & very excited!
Labor was tolerable because of the pain medicine but after 2 whole hours of pushing, the Dr. decided it was time for a C-section. Little bean was being stubborn & had his head "up" instead of tucked so he wouldn't come out! 

Matt ready to go into he OR 
His mom & brother Ben & my friend Emily were all there for the birth. It was a late night! 
The C-section was SO fast & I because of an IV leak I was in conversation with the nurses fixing it & didn't even realize the surgery was already pretty much over. I all of a sudden heard Dr. DuBois tell me I would feel pressure then I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of me & I could breathe!! 
It was then I heard baby Greyson's cry...the sweetest sound ever!!!
They showed him to me briefly then whisked him off to the nursery with Matt.

Greyson was 7 pounds 9 ounces & 20 inches long.
Greyson getting his footprints made

I was in recovery for about 45 minutes before I got to hold him, but it was a great night. We got to sleep about 2am.

Very proud grandparents came to visit the next day..GeeGee & Gpa!

Great-Grandparents G-mama & G-daddy

2 of my friends Emily & Skye (& Emily's little guy, Jace)

He sucked on everything! even in the ultrasounds, he had his hands in his mouth, so the hospital gave him a pacifier. It was huge for his little face!

First family photo!

Uncle Matt & Aunt Mindy sent this bear & balloon! They will get to meet him in March.

We got to go home on Monday...Matts mom came to help with Greyson while I got ready & Matt packed.

My family made it to the hospital a little while before we left...Mom rode home with us. We took a few pictures in the lobby of the hospital because I just loved the huge tree & decorations.

My family!

My mom got to stay for 3 weeks!! she was great at multi-tasking & did so much for me while I recovered & got into the mom role! 

GeeGee got him this shirt so this was what he wore on Christmas day =)

We also were asked to be in the Christmas program at church (last minute) We hadn't taken Greyson to church yet, so we made the brief appearance then left during the closing remarks. It was fun to have Greyson be baby Jesus during such a special time of year.

The greatest Christmas gift EVER! God is so good =)

3 weeks later Greyson now weighs 9 pounds 6 ounces & has grown 1.5 inches. He smiles a lot & is a very pleasant baby. He has only had a couple really rough nights & I found out those were growth spurts! He eats all the time it seems but I'm so glad he is perfect, healthy & a total blessing. 

I have loved being a mom! My own mom left just yesterday to go back home to PA. It was wonderful having my family here for the majority of the time, but now we are "on our own". Matt is a great hands on dad & takes a lot of the load off. We have learned to juggle our regular lives with our little blessing & couldn't be happier!!

I have so much more to post about including Greyson's dedication, Christmas & some more exciting news, but for now, I want to wish everyone a Happy New YEAR! 
God blessed us so much in 2011, I can't wait to see what is in store for 2012!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! He is adorable!
    Bethany (Schaper) Tun


I'm a CEO!