Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Greyson's Dedication

{December 25, 2011}
*Christmas Sunday*


Christmas was a special day. Not only did we celebrate Jesus' birth & remember why he came to earth, but we celebrated Greyson's birth & thanked God for bringing him into our lives. 

All ready for church
So thankful to have Nana with us!

The dedication was done by our pastor Bob Blankenship, & we were surrounded by our family. Unfortunately most of my family was missing, but I am so glad mom & Brandon were able to be there. Dad was still up north preaching at his own church & he & Richelle drove down as soon as it was over.

Matt's family included his mom & dad, 2 brothers, grandparents & aunt & uncle. 

Greyson was only 2 weeks old when we had him dedicated. What's even more special about this day was that Matt was also dedicated on a Christmas Sunday! It was a wonderful day & we are so glad that not only was Jesus given to us so long ago, but we were able to give Greyson back to Him.

Giving us 3 roses




Giving us Greyson's first Bible with his name engraved on it


 {Family Photos}
With Nana & Uncle Brandon

With Uncle Ben, GeeGee, Uncle Jac & G'pa

Now with Gmama & Gdaddy

& then with my mom & brother
 
The pastor & his wife


 {4 Generations}


{Ritchey's}

Uncle Brandon


So sweet, but so funny! That look on his face is priceless!

"Him loves his Nana!" - Chris Ritchey

Pastor Blankenship- Greyson cried when he held him during the ceremony, but seemed fine here!

{Father & Son}

My prayer is that Greyson will grow up to know the love of God & that one day he will give his heart to Jesus & live for him. I want nothing more than to see my baby make it to heaven!


{A Mothers Prayer}
My sweet baby on loan from above
No better treasure could I more love
I stand here beside your bed as I pray
I lay my hand on your head & say

May you grow up to serve Him all of your days
May He lead you & guide you in all of your ways
May His hand bless your future with friendships that last
May you cherish your youth & not grow up too fast

I stare in wonder at your tiny frame
Just to think that God knows you by name
He knows every hair on your beautiful head
He knows your thoughts before they are said

May God grant you peace in the midst of the storm
May God give you strength even when you're forlorn
May you answer the door when Jesus comes knocking
May wisdom guide when your mouth is talking
May discretion protect you & keep you pure
May you never stumble or fall for a lure
May your heart remain humble to the very end
May uprightness & truth be what you defend
May the world not ensnare or change who you are
May the light that's within you shine like the starts
May angels surround your body, spirit, mind
May favor & peace be yours to find
May rejection & pain never reach you
May your spirit grow bold for what you're called to

As you rest in God's care I will rest, too
Knowing that Jesus is watching over you
Amen




1 comment:

  1. Love your blogging...it made me cry! What wonderful journey you are on! Love you and Matt and beautiful baby Greyson! Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete

I'm a CEO!