Friday, March 1, 2013

Colic Calm & Diaper update!

I was recently asked to be featured in an article in the Colic Calm Journal.
I found Colic Calm shortly after delivering Greyson & was amazed at the results! During that time you could only buy CC online, so I was pleased to find out that you can now buy it in stores like CVS, Walgreens & Babies R Us.

Read my story here! And check out their website at www.coliccalm.com

I definitely recommend this for new mom's to be & moms who want to give natural ingredients to their babies =) 


I love this product & tend to be one of those moms who does a lot of research on ingredients or different things that will help benefit us & the baby in the long run so this was a win, win! 

The ONLY thing about CC that I would watch is the fact that since the liquid is in its all natural state of color (which is BLACK!) this can stain clothes, so I kept a tissue handy in case Greyson spit any of it out or it ran out of his mouth. He really liked the taste so it didn't happen often. Periodically as his body would digest the liquid, I was afraid it would stain my cloth diapers too bad & would tend to put a disposable on him after administering this to him. However, the few times he did wear cloth, the stains came out completely & I haven't had any permanent stains to clothing either...so I guess just be extra careful not to get any of it on clothing to be safe & if it happens, wash or soak immediately... mentioning cloth diapers brings me to an update~

Diaper News
I found out about the "new" way to cloth diaper a couple years ago when I was looking for different ways to save us money. I had been working full time for over 5 years & was now going to part time so anything that would help in the financial aspect of adding kids was a plus. 
After more research =) & having my hubby help figure the research/cost I found out just how much cloth diapering can save & we invested in a 12 pack of bum genius elementals (one of the more expensive brands) I have heard that you can CD your babies for as little as $50 or go as high as $500 total. Either way, it still saves you $$ since the average cost is anywhere from $1,040 ($20 a week for disposables) to $2,000 in one year...times multiple years until your child potty trains. Since we also still use disposables for sitters, when we are away from home & for out of town trips, we know how fast disposables can go so we are happy with the results from CD & use them as much as possible. CD has worked for our family in a number of ways...whether it's poop, throw up, spit up, etc...I realize a lot of people can't get on board with cloth because it grosses them out...but mess happens & you will have to clean it up eventually so whether you save with CD or in another area of bringing up your baby...make this decision based on what is best for YOUR family. In our case I was having to wash poop out of Greyson's cute clothes from blowouts on a weekly basis! I figured washing a diaper would be better than having to save our clothing & since switching to cloth, we haven't had a single blowout so this decision has definitely worked for us, not just from that, but eliminating G's diaper rash as well! 

I have used CD's since G was 8 weeks old....I have not needed "more" & love the ones I have but did find that the longer Greyson slept at night, the more absorption was needed. He would leak out the top from time to time & since that was the only time leaks occurred I knew I needed something else. In the last couple weeks I was invited to a cloth diapering party. From the party, I was able to get 3 fitted bamboo diapers with an extra insert. (pictured below)


These are super soft & the extra layer of fabric in the insert takes care of the problem 100%! They need a separate cover (which I've never had to use) but I only need one cover for the 3 diapers so I didn't add a lot to my stash & this is definitely helping us get through the nights! This combo definitely makes his bottom a LOT more fluffy!! His pants usually fit over the BG Elementals no problem, but these just seem huge in comparison. I love the coverage though & they seem to be pretty comfortable all around. Greyson likes them so that works for me!

I ordered these from my friend at the party along with some liners that have worked like a charm! I never invested in a sprayer & felt like the liners would help with the clean up a lot better. While it hasn't bothered me to clean a poopy diaper prior to these, it does make it go faster, is less messy & I am happy to say that the liners accomplish everything I was hoping for! After figuring out the best placement that is... I have had nothing but good results. They keep the diaper fabric a lot cleaner & it doesn't take a lot of extra time to add the liner to the diaper during a change. They advertise being flushable, but I would check your septic system first. We are supposed to be in a good area for flushing these, but we have had trouble in the past being in an older house so I've flushed a few, but most of the time I just take them out to the trash.
 I got all of these new items through Imagine Baby Products! I will have a party soon & I can also share through facebook so be ready. They have lots of other little accessories & things to make cloth diapering a breeze like dry/wet bags, liners, rash ointment, & everything for the different kinds of cloth diapering that include all in ones, fitted with covers & prefolds. If you are up for saving lots of money on diapers for your baby, this is the way to go! Each of the items are super soft & relatively inexpensive. I have yet to find liners this cheap anywhere else online. Stay tuned for information about my upcoming party around the beginning of April & how to order =)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a CEO!