Sunday, May 26, 2013

Florida for Mother's Day!

My first official Mother's Day in 2012 was full of family, friends & gifts galore! It was incredible but there was so much going on; it was a little overwhelming. I had 5 month old & cooked Sunday dinner for Matt's entire family; I decorated our church, did the bulletin & helped shop for & put together all the mothers day gifts for our church mothers as well. It was a VERY busy day!! 

This year was absolutely WONDERFUL! I was planning to cook & have everyone over again...plus all my church duties, but it worked out for us to take a break & be in Florida this year. We were able to meet up with my inlaws & take Gmama with us too. Greyson did great in the car & only fussed 30 minutes before lunch out of a 11 hr trip. On the way home he only fussed 15 minutes before lunch. I guess he lets us know when's he's ready for food =) 

The beach was amazing this time of year & Greyson absolutely loved it...obsessed would probably be a more accurate word. We toured Peanut Island one day after breakfast & Greyson got to ride in his first boat! We went to Jetty's & got our traditional photo in front of the light house =) Sunday Lunch was held at the Carroll's beautiful house with the whole extended Finney clan. I gotta say their tradition of having the men cook & clean up is worth it. They do it all...with the exception of the unmarried girls (poor Jacinda) but her food & dessert was good too & I'm glad I got to enjoy it =) I was so impressed I told Matt he better start learning how to cook because we might adopt this tradition! They were SO nice, not only to feed us, but give us Mother's gifts as well! So unexpected & sweet. We have very thoughtful friends. Before we left, we checked on my Mama's house. Memories flooded back as I walked through the door. I got a classic picture of Greyson on the blue steps =) 
On our way home we stopped at Cracker Barrel. Gmama bought Greyson a red truck that he attached himself to the moment he saw it. It is his favorite toy since then & he had so much fun playing with it.

Peanut Island
Beach fun
Jetty's!
Last day at the beach...the water was so clear
Mother's Day after Church
Playing with his truck at Cracker Barrel



God is SO good & allowed us to have a fantastic weekend away!! 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a CEO!