Saturday, October 6, 2012

Our life lately

It's October!!
I can't believe how fast this year has gone.
I am amazed how LONG it seemed that I was pregnant & then once Greyson arrived, life has just flown by. He will be a year old in just a couple more months.
 
Because it feels like these last few months have been a blur...I will try to bring you up to date on what has been going on in our lives lately.

After all the wedding buzz & my friend Jenn came to visit, we headed to Matt's state horse show the first weekend in September. He showed in 2 classes...one had around 80 horses showing & the other had 30. He won 2nd place in BOTH shows! Of course, we were hoping for a first, but reserve champion was great!


Greyson did great...he was relatively quiet during the shows & seemed fascinated by all the horses.

The rest of the month included playdates, time with Matt's family, a birthday party & a visit from Nana & Papa Ritchey =)


Greyson had his 9 month appointment on Sept. 10th. No shots this time, but he had a finger prick...he did so good. Here he is checking out his bandaid.

We celebrated Grandparents day with G'pa & Gigi (because Nana & Papa were still in PA)

Hanging out with G'pa in the hammock at the farm.
I love his little lion shirt & shoes =)

Greyson's little friend Jon William turned 1 year old! He had an adorable cowboy theme (notice his shirt with a JW on it) complete with cow printed balloons. Greyson has not mastered crawling yet & all of the other babies his age were going everywhere! It was cute to see them so infatuated with each other though. Nana was in town by then so she got to come with us.

We did a lot of shopping while Nana was visiting =)

While my parents were in town, we got word that my grandma (Mama, my dad's mother) was not doing well. She has been in the hospital for several weeks with some physical problems & my parents decided to cut the trip short. Since I have been working from home & had no real ties keeping me in town, I decided to go back with them to PA.

Since Alabama is about 6 weeks behind PA in weather, I had to pull out most of Greyson & I's fall clothes. We got everything packed up in the car, said goodbye to daddy & hit the road. We made it to PA Monday evening & I have been here almost 2 weeks. I thought I would stay a little over a week & get a ticket home, but the tickets were SO expensive! I finally found one for a great price flying out next week. It's been a LONG time away from Matt but thankfully we have been able to skype & it has made it a little easier. Greyson thought skyping with daddy was so funny! He just kept "flapping" his arms, squealed & stared at the screen.

We have had a lot of fun but have also been able to visit Mama in the hospital several times. She LOVES seeing Greyson & he beams at her every time we go in. She is on the road to recovery & God has really pulled her through. She is very tired & weak...I'm glad we have had this time together since I live so far away.

 It is gorgeous here! The fall leaves have turned almost everywhere & I snapped several pictures during a drive out to a fresh market. They had pumpkins, mums, fresh produce & a little craft store.


 Nana got him his FIRST pumpkin! He loved it =)

 
Glad Nana gets to spend time with her little baba...


...and Papa too!
 
 
Greyson was enthralled with that pumpkin....=) We LOVE fall!

Greyson has been crawling a little better since we've been here, he has cut 2 teeth (Finally!) & he has learned a few more words along with some funny head shaking moments.

Sunday night dad was preaching & mentioned that he had told Greyson he didn't want any competition during the service because he gets so much attention from the congregation (of course he is joking & talks about Greyson during his services all the time =)
Greyson was very good during this particular service but at one point he let out 2 very loud "screams" while looking at the people behind us & it got everyones attention. Dad took that moment to tell Greyson he needed to "straighten up"while laughing at his little antics & at that EXACT moment Greyson started shaking his head NO! It was so funny, everyone just started laughing! Another time, a friend of ours asked him if he was ready for a baby sister & he shook his head No again! I think he knows exactly what we are saying...hahaha

Well, I hope this has brought you up to date a little bit on what has been going on with us lately!
Lots more to catch up on, but I will try to do that soon =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a CEO!