Thursday, November 7, 2013

Baby "Sprinkle"

Ever heard of a baby sprinkle? Well, it's just like a baby shower, only on a smaller scale since you don't need as many first time mom baby essentials =)
My 2 awesome friends (Skye & Emie) planned an adorable get together at Olive Garden to celebrate. 
We were "sprinkled" with so many cute little girl things from my family, friends & co-workers! 
Our food was delicious, of course, because it's my favorite restaurant. They had cupcakes decked out in pink & tiny paci's for dessert! SO CUTE!

 Most of my gifts were baby girl clothes, accessories & toys...which of course made opening everything SO FUN!

I also received a beautiful framed poem called "What is a Child?" It is so perfect for this time in our lives...it will be a constant reminder of why we have children & what our purpose is in raising them.

My wonderful hostesses & the babies!

Greyson loves seeing Jace & Kylee. They are so cute together!

 We are SO very blessed to have these friends in our lives...I have received numerous other gifts from family & friends that were not able to attend & the nursery is filling up more every day! After the sprinkle, Emily & my other friend Courtney came to my house to help put away all the gifts & organize the closet & dresser. I could not have done it all without their help! 

As it turns out, I had my 35 week check up yesterday & am progressing much faster than expected. I still may go to my due date...these things are never certain, but the doctor told me to go ahead & get my bags packed & everything in order just in case. I am already dilated to 3cm & while I know some have been dilated this early & have STILL gone a full month, she thinks I will be a couple weeks early. In a way I am very ready to have this baby...but I would like her to "cook" a little longer to be on the safe side. Also, these last few weeks with Greyson seemed to take FOREVER! but this time around, I am feeling rushed & like I don't have everything ready! I know realistically it's because of the major events we have had in our lives lately. Our family has gone through so much...most people only have 1 or 2 major things happen in a year & we have had several. From losing loved ones & traveling, to a major boost in Matt's work & job taking him out of town more often, a major transition in location moving to our new house & getting settled in...to bringing a new baby into the world...ALL within a year.

Lets just say I am ready for the last phase to take place & to celebrate Thanksgiving, Greyson's birthday & Christmas with my family. Once I get through that, I might feel like I can breath again! Obviously having 2 kids will change my world AGAIN but at least I will be able to focus on them & not on unpacking, or setting up rooms in the midst of it all. We are pretty much settled other than getting the kids rooms done & we will eventually work on the garage apartment when we get a bed in there. 

God has really given me an enormous amount of strength these last few months. I can feel it! Pray that this last month will go smoothly & that our baby girl will be happy & healthy even if she does decide to come a little early. I guess this weekend means I better start packing our bags...this time I have 4!!! 

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun Megan!! What a darling Sprinkle! Hey, I have a Paris sign exactly like yours {got mine at the Goodwill...lol} Can't wait to see your precious little bebe!! Much love!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Lewis and I anxiously await news of baby girl's arrival and tons of photos!! We will see you right before or after Christmas Day, as we plan to come visit G-Mama.

    ReplyDelete

I'm a CEO!