Thursday, August 13, 2015

2015

Well...it has been about 6 months since my last blog! Why you ask? 
Life...
OH and the fact that the hard drive on our iMac went out in March causing me to lose everything...even all my pictures!! AND since we are the worlds WORST procrastinators, we still haven't sent it off to get recovered. Someday it will happen. I'll make sure of it. BUT it's already been 6 months so I'm hopeful by the end of the year we will get that stuff back.

Anyway, 2015 has been quite the year so far! Here is the last 6 months in a nutshell =)

It started out with a happy occasion.
{Jac & Jacinda's wedding}

We got to spend a couple weeks in florida the end of January & it was wonderful!! Having another sister in law to share life with has been so fun & I'm not sure how I managed without her those 8 1/2 years before she came to Alabama =) We are so excited to be living close to each other & have enjoyed watching their house progress from plans, to digging & now on to building! I can't wait to see the finished product.




We stayed another week into February to be a part of the dedication for my mother in law at Friendship Hall. It was a very meaningful time for family & friends to come & see all the new & improved updates a long with a memorial for Lela. 


After that, we took a weekend to go to the Dixie Nationals in Jackson, MS and as always..had a great time with our fellow horsemen.


We came back a few weeks later in March to be with my family! We even got to see my Aunt & my 2 cousins who happened to be in Florida at the same time.





After all the traveling, we came back & had Jacinda's Bridal Shower at our church....and got to host some awesome new friends- Aaron & Danielle Wardlaw! We love little miss Amelia too =)



then we celebrated Matt's 32nd birthday =) 



April brought Miss Natalie's first birthday celebration & Easter festivities! We had an Easter egg hunt at our church, with stories, prizes & games! Easter Sunday is always a favorite time for us. The kids get to find their Easter baskets & of course, we dress in our Sunday best =)




 I turned 29 in May & a few days later my best friend's little girl Juliet Elise made her arrival! For my birthday weekend, we went to TN to Dollywood & ate at Paula Deen's. It was so much fun! We had a special Mother's Day but it wasn't without a little sadness.  We got new flowers for my MIL's grave & Jacinda & I had this arrangement made. We know Lela loved these bright colors & it turned out pretty =)







We finished off the month with a Hobe Sound Bible College Alumni BBQ in our barn! We had a great turn out...lots of activities, horse rides, games etc & a hayride! We had so many friends come & it was a great time of fellowship.



June found us traveling once again to PA & on to NY on my family's Black Lake fishing trip! I hadn't been since high school & it was a lot of fun to share this with Matt & the kids.




Matt flew back home for work & I ended up getting to stay a couple more weeks with my parents in PA. We did lots of fun things with the kids =) 




Since I was up north, we fit a LOT of events into this one month. My best friends got to be together for Jodi's baby shower & we all got to meet little Juliet!


Finally, it was time to go home. Nana & Papa came with us so they could spend a little bit of time at Camp Meeting in Alabama. We missed spending Father's Day with daddy so we gave him his gift when we got home...Matt got caught in a rain storm running up from the barn & was soaking wet! His gift was an AW root beer that said "You're an AWesome dad!" too cute!



It was sad to say good bye, but we had gotten to spend the entire month of JUNE together! 

July 4th was another fun Holiday at the Shirah's! We have made this a nice little tradition getting together with friends from camp as well.



Then we celebrated more birthday with friends! We got to celebrate Courtney's at Red Lobster & the kids got to touch one of the live ones =) Then our little friend Kylee turned 3! She had a "Frozen Paw Patrol" Party! It was so cute! The kids had so much fun playing & swimming. Gmama got to spend her day with multiple visits from family & friends. All of us went over after church for cake, ice cream & presents!





A few days later, the kids got to attend their first VBS at our church! We chose the theme "Following Jesus" 
The decorations went along with the story about Peter & the other disciples who went fishing, then Jesus told them to cast on the other side & their nets were full of fish! They left to follow Jesus. We had lots of fun with the fish theme!



And to tie up the month, our great friends Matt & Emily moved out of their town house into their first house!! It is SO nice & I couldn't wait to get over to help. We did quite a bit of work, but I was bummed we couldn't do more between our busy schedules. I can't wait to see how far they have come setting everything up =)  


August 1st started out with another fun celebration for Baby Ronan! He is supposed to make his appearance in another month & we can't wait to meet him. We had a great time at the baby shower =)



During the summer, we also have been traveling out of town for Horse shows. We went to GA & TN & Matt won first place 6 times out of both shows which put his horse into the superior status! 
We have had an extremely busy year so far & it doesn't look like it will be slowing down anytime soon. We have more trips coming up...possibly back to Florida & 1 or 2 more trip to PA before the end of the year. 

One thing is for sure. We have been blessed more than we could ever imagine! I love living this life with my amazing husband who does more for me & works harder than anyone I know...for my 2 little loves who are full of life. They keep me on my toes & I look forward to each day of new surprises, sometimes challenges, but most of all...LOVE from each one of my family members. This has been a full year with it's ups & downs...but knowing God makes it all worth it.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a CEO!