Thursday, April 14, 2016

Updated Dresser

I've been really bad at sharing some of our projects lately, so here is a cute little desk update we did last fall. Ironically we found a wooden chair at a thrift store to go with it, that has been sitting in the garage ever since. Maybe by this fall we can have that chair done too! =P


This desk belonged to my father in law....most folks around here cringe at the thought of painted furniture, especially real wood or antiques! Since he used it as a child, I wanted to keep the drawers their original color for sentimental reasons.  The rest of the desk we painted a neutral gray.




I perused Pinterest hoping to find an update that would look great in a play room since we weren't putting the desk in any particular child's room. I loved this number idea, so I printed off some numbers & painted them on. 



The "3" looks like it got a little off centered but just adjusting the drawer over to the side a little fixes it right up. After we got the desk all cleaned up & the top sealed, we hauled it off to the play room. Right now I am using this little tool box, Matt's grandfather made for him, as storage for their coloring books & crayons. The drawers are already full of craft supplies, paper, books & projects. I am sure this will get used a lot more once we have a chair to go with it... haha 


Oh & just in case anyone was wondering... My father in law LOVED the update! =) Its amazing what a little paint can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a CEO!