Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thank You Nana!!

We are ALL MOVED IN!!!
 While we were in PA, my mother in law was put in the hospital with a rare form of pneumonia. Since she is also battling cancer, she ended up staying in the hospital more than 2 weeks! My mom knew there was no way that Lela would be able to help us set up our new house & we have wanted her to take it easy anyway, so during our move, we relied mostly on our friends to help us.

The next phase was unpacking & getting everything set up & organized. I offered to pay my mom's way to Alabama so she could help us for awhile. It worked out perfectly for us to fly back together & she stayed a week & worked non-stop! 

 She was able to get lots more loving in with Greyson, but I cannot tell you the amount of work we accomplished with her here in that short time. She did countless loads of laundry & unpacking. She had a place for everything & we were able to go through every box & reorganize it all. Greyson liked to "help" her every now & then, but it was nice when Uncle "B" would come over & entertain him so we could keep working. =)
We had 3 garages to go through...I figured we'd do what we could & there would still be a ton left to do. Wonder Woman Nana left with only a few decorations to put up & things to hang on the walls. We still have to paint the kids rooms, get them set up & I have a few projects to work on, but everything else is pretty much done. In addition to her help, she even cooked, cleaned & bought all kinds of items that we needed to help us get organized. 

At the airport, Greyson seemed to think Nana's suitcase was pretty heavy! 
I don't know what I would do without parents like this to be there for us when we need them. We never imagined my mother in law would be so sick at the same time we would move & that we would have so much going on with the family we have close to us. It is wonderful that we are now living a few hundred yards from my in-laws & that we can help & be here to help her recover. 
In the mean time, my parents that live so far away, are still there for us. I can always count on them...even if I can help out with a few of the traveling costs here & there, they make the time to show us they care, love us & will do anything for us in our time of need. 

I am excited to be able to share a couple more weeks with them in December when our baby girl arrives. It might be a shorter trip considering this trip was not planned, but a girl always wants her mom around with a new baby...& who knows what Greyson will be up to during that time! 

A huge Thank You goes to my mom...our Nana! We couldn't have done it without you! & Thank you to Papa for letting her come & fending for himself all week =)

As an update: My mother in law got out of the hospital this past monday. She is doing remarkably well but still has a long way to go. I appreciate all the prayers, kind words & cards that were sent! 
Thank you!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a CEO!