Saturday, December 6, 2014

Trip to Nana & Papa's!

A couple weeks ago, the kids & I took off to Pennsylvania to see my parents. It was SO nice to get away for awhile & be with my family. Things have been a little stressful at home with all we have to take care of...it just so happened that Matt & his family were planning to go to the World Horse Show in Texas. I was planning to go as well, but with all the work involved, I wasn't sure I wanted to sit in a hotel room with 2 kids for a week or stay home by myself for a week. SO I booked a ticket to PA...& again...it was the perfect time.


It was Rilynn's first airplane ride & my first time flying with both kids...by myself. I even had to book a regular "adult" ticket for Greyson since he is now over 2 years old. We ended up flying out of Atlanta. With less travel time (including the 2 hr drive there & back for Matt), a straight through flight -with no layovers- to Pittsburgh made for an easy flight .  The cost was even cheaper all the way around & I was able to get our tickets at a great price! Everything just fell into place.


My mom had recently had surgery & she was not allowed to pick up over 10lbs.  I wasn't sure how it would be having the kids there, but I wanted to go & help her around the house as she recovered. We had a lot of fun...We went shopping a few times, took the kids to Kraynaks to see Santa & the Holiday display, spent time with friends & played in the SNOW!! There is always snuggle time with Nana & Papa & "fort" making whenever it gets too cold to play outside =)


We had lots of fun with our friends that came to see us too. We got a surprise visit from Jodi & Aaron because they had just announced they were expecting their first baby May 2nd!! We had lots to talk about =) My sweet friend Janice even had us over & gave the kids their birthday & Christmas presents!! It was SO fun & so nice of her to think of them...Janice & Bill are always getting them gifts whenever we see them..& they remember EVERY time even though we don't get to see them as often.


We also got to welcome & meet baby Brooke! She arrived a couple days after we got there so she was only a few days old during our visit =) She is so sweet...Greyson wanted to hold her & did so good. Rilynn was interested but didn't know what to think. Tina & Evan sure have a little cutie & she is absolutely precious! I was so glad we got to see her & she came at the perfect time.


This little sweeta looks a little worn out from all the visiting =) 

One of the highlights from visiting PA during the Holidays is going to Kraynaks & walking down Christmas Lane. Last time we were there it was Easter Bunny Lane so it was fun to see how they had it decorated for Christmas. It was fun pointing out all of our favorite characters, seeing all the pretty lights & colors & meeting Santa! The kids really really liked him =)
Greyson even told him a few things he wanted for Christmas & helped himself to the candy...-_-


A really sweet man in my parents church gave Greyson some money to spend while we were there. He decided to pick out a toy train & did the shopping all on his own. He pushed a child sized cart around the store, gave the nice lady his money & was so proud of himself for buying something all on his own. It was the cutest thing!


I caught Matt showing in the World Show in Texas too. It was nice we got to see him show even though we were so many miles a part. He did really good for his first time at the World! He got 4th, 5th & 6th places under the judges & came out 6th overall. It was fun to watch.


Then our last weekend home, this little cutie came to see me!! My ever changing niece Everlee is getting so big!! She just looked so different & we had so much fun watching her smile & interact with her cousins. Greyson loves talking about baby "Evawee" & knows that she & "karwee" are his cousins! =) 


Our first & last days in PA saw SNOW! Greyson had so much fun playing in it with Papa...It really came down the day we were flying out, so naturally Greyson asked Papa if he wanted to build a snowman. There was close to 6 inches to work with so they ended up with a cute little snowman & you can't beat sledding when someone pulls you around the whole time! Rilynn acted like she wanted to eat the big flakes making their way down from the sky...as you can see she was making an attempt from INdoors! =)


We did so much yet stayed INSIDE & relaxed a lot of the time. My second mom, Pam, had a lemon grass spa party while I was home too...a foot soak & some pampering on the night of our first "blizzard" was just what I needed! I was also able to help my mom around the house while she rested so it was a profitable trip all around. Our flight home was just as good as the first (I don't think Rilynn knows she even flew to this day...she slept the entire time once again & missed the whole thing) & we had to get home in order to get ready for another trip coming up! This time of year is never SLOW but I'm glad we have people in our lives that keep us going & have things for us to look forward to!


post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a CEO!