Wednesday, June 13, 2012

6 Month Dr. Appt

Greyson had his Dr. Appt. this past monday. 
His new stats...
{20.3 lbs~27 3/4 in long} 
WOW

Now I know why my arms are killing me! At 6 months old..I have a little chunker!
He likes the Dr. & has always done very well at his appointments. 

When it comes time for the shots, his only really bad time was when he was 2 months old. He screamed & cried so MUCH it just broke my heart. 

These last few times, he has hardly cried & quickly gets over it with in a few minutes. He didn't even have any tears this last time & his favorite thing to do is rip the paper on the examination table.

I am still mainly breastfeeding & have just started introducing him to solids. So far he has only had Rice & Barley cereal, water, & applesauce (with the exception of sugar, sweet tea & ice cream...somehow those were his first things to taste but of course just drops of each when someone got too excited to share food with him!)
For whatever reason, he is not a fan of the applesauce. I thought he was just making the faces because it was new (which is partly true) but after a couple days, I've had to basically force him to open his mouth & eat it! We'll come back to that again in a couple weeks & see how he does then. With the cereal, he is more than willing to eat as much as we'll give him & then some! We still have bananas, sweet potatoes & squash waiting to be tasted, but I'm trying to go a few days in between to make sure he isn't allergic to anything. 

The Saturday before, he had still only been on rice cereal & breast milk. We had his 6 month photos taken outside...he was NOT a very happy baby. Very solemn but not real fussy...just didn't smile! I didn't think too much about it, but later that day he got very sick. The dr. is not sure why, but wasnt concerned since he bounced back so quickly.  He had thrown up until everything was out of his tummy. After that, he just laid around all day long & slept a lot. NOT like my baby boy at all...I can barely get him to take naps during the day myself!

Here he was sleeping in mommy & daddy's bed

Later I let him watch the Barenstain Bears on Sprout & he NEVER watches tv. Usually we don't let him, but even if we are, he is too busy playing or interested in something else. 

The fact that he paid attention, made me realize that he really wasn't feeling good & just didn't feel up to doing much of anything. Luckily in just a few hours he was back to normal & has been happy & pleasant ever since! Wouldn't you know it, he had to be sick on picture day. But we have gotten some GREAT photos =)

Here are the sneak peeks from St. John Studios here in Alabama! =)

Our little cowboy!


I think his teething played a part in this face! =)


I'm so excited to see the rest!! =)) 

I thank God every day for my blessings & that Greyson is healthy & growing wonderfully =) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a CEO!