Monday, June 11, 2012

6 Year Anniversary

Our Wedding Day
{6.3.2006}




Our 6th Anniversary
{6.3.2012}

We finally celebrated out 6th Anniversary...about a week late on June 9th. I guess that's what happens when you have been married more than 5 years...fit it in where you can! haha 
We did special trips for our 1st, 3rd & 5th Anniversary's but the others we just planned to spend an evening out, much like a regular date night. It is still fun & is nice to set aside some time to reflect on the special day when we said 'I do'

Our Wedding day was beautiful! I remember it so well & MOST of the details too. It was a nice warm day & we got married at 2:30 in the afternoon. When we were outside to take pictures it was sunny..when we were inside for the ceremony & reception...it rained. How can that be a beautiful day? 

Because God's promise was ALL around us =)

He didn't say marriage would be easy...or that everything would go just like we wanted...but if you put God first in a marriage...that makes all the difference! 
I have found in the last 6 years that the man I married is an extremely HARD worker. He is super dependable, takes on a ton of responsibility, not just with our family, but with his immediate family, his job & church. He is reliable & everyone knows they can trust him to do a good job. 
He does SO much in a day's time that I cannot even begin to describe it. When he was little...maybe around 4 years old...he would get out his little toy tools & tell people he was going to work! It's been that way ever since. 

When we added Greyson to our family this past year, he became a very hands on dad. I didn't think he would...He was nervous about being able to take care of those obligations but when the time came, he jumped right in. It's amazing how much someone can change in an instant once their child is born! He is a wonderful husband & an awesome dad. What more could a girl ask for!?

I am beyond blessed...there really aren't many more words than that. God picked him out for me & the rest is history!
I tried to keep the mushy gushy to a minimum & get my main point across...but on top of all that...I think he's pretty good lookin', a head turner, quite the hottie & handsome...if I do say so myself! =)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!
    I think you are exactly right, putting God first is key!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm a CEO!