Friday, June 8, 2012

Nana's Visit!


My mom...
there are SO many things that I could say about her! She's my best friend, a Godly example of motherhood, gives great advice, is a hard worker, good housekeeper, cook, & now a wonderful Nana to her first grandchild. I could go on & on, but those are some of the things that I think about when it pertains to me. Those things are what I look up to! Of course I could add being a great wife, & putting the Nana thing waaaaaayyyy out there in the future for myself, but I love being around her & I treasure the moments we are together. 

The reason for this is...I moved away from home when I was 17. I went to college in south Florida, then worked there until I got married. Since then, I've always lived 13 hours away from HOME. The place where we moved when I was 6 weeks old so my dad could pastor a new church. I grew up there, got married in our church & left behind my wonderful family to start this new one in Alabama.

Each time I am able to see anyone in my family, it is special! They are few & far between, but we try hard to make sure we get together as much as we can.
Since Greyson came along, we have tried to maintain our visits every couple months, so they will get to watch him grow & see the milestones he achieves. 

My mom was able to come for a visit during the long Memorial Day weekend. It was last minute, but it was the best "late" Mothers Day gift I could have! I sure missed my dad, but I knew he would not be able to leave his pastoral duties. 
She flew in on a Friday afternoon & left on a Tuesday night....it worked out perfectly! Matt was called out to do a job in GA & left Thursday. All of HIS family, including grandparents, his aunt & uncle & older brother, all left to go to Florida for his younger brothers graduation. 
They all left....everyone
Just me & Greyson holding down the fort! Until Nana called!! It couldn't have been better. A whole girls weekend just for us! We ate out every day except Sunday...went shopping, got pedicures, & worked on little projects in the house...Not to mention, all the cuddle time & fun we had with Greyson. We also went to a birthday party at the lake, for my good friends baby who turned 1. It was wonderful!

Here are several pictures from our weekend! 
At Jace's birthday party!



First taste of ice cream...before anything else!

mmm yummy


Sunday morning after church



Going for a walk!

First bowl of cereal!! I'm so glad she got to be there to experience another one of his "firsts"

Not so much this "first" though....first boo boo on his head =(

Lots of hugs...


More cereal! Yummy!


Projects =)) Curtains that she helped me cut & hem...I'll blog about that here someday when they are finished! 

Taking a break from projects to get Greyson down for a nap...



Pedicures!


 As you can see...the majority of these photos have NANA in them!! that's because I was taking all of the pictures =) It was so fun to see Greyson love on her & hopefully he remembers his grandparents next time we are home to visit. 


Nana, Mom...our best friend! =))

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a CEO!