Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Day 2012

I've been so busy I am trying to catch up on all the activities we had over the holidays. 

We had our first Christmas up north over Thanksgiving...it was SO fun having snow & getting to take our Christmas card photos then. 

Aunt Richelle took them of us & did some Christmas pictures of Greyson in his sock monkey hat. We needed to take some for his Birthday invitation & there were SO many good ones of him.


There was a lot of sickness & health issues during the month of December. We had to postpone or cancel a few events, but still got to do all our Christmas' with the family. Greyson got his first ear infection the week before Christmas. I was so glad I got him into the Dr. before she went out of town...by Christmas Eve he was MUCH better =)

We had Christmas with Matt's aunt & uncle at their house. 
Greyson wore his Christmas PJ's that my bff Emily got him. She has gotten them these last 2 years to match her little boy Jace & we think this is becoming her tradition to buy the Christmas jammies! He looked so cute with his reindeer shirt & leggs. 
Uncle Ben read the Christmas story of Jesus birth...Greyson read a story too but were not sure what it was. He was excited about the presents! This is really the only present he really opened & was interested in. He loves his new walking toy & had to show mimi all the cool features!


This was Christmas morning at our house. Nana (my mom) brought stockings with her from PA because we didn't do that at Thanksgiving & she wanted us to open something on Christmas since they got to be there. First, we had our little family Christmas with Greyson...

Daddy showing Greyson all his presents under the tree =) He really liked his toys (that he didn't have to unwrap) but once it was time to open things...all he wanted to do was climb the stairs! 

These were our gifts to Greyson, each other, our stockings to each other & then we added our stocking items that Nana got us too! We are blessed to be able to give & receive when so many are not able to do so. It was more special this year because Greyson got to play with his toys. He was so tiny last year, there was just no comparison. 

Later that morning we went to Mimi & G'pa's house for the Crawford Christmas =)

Greyson got a lot more toys, but he still didn't want to unwrap anything -_-

I was surprised to get a Keurig from my inlaws. It was not something I had ever asked for or even thought about getting so I was very surprised!! Last year Ben & Jac got them but Matt doesn't drink coffee so we got something else. Lela remembered that I drink coffee but last year I was still working & usually drank coffee at work so I still never made it at home. I have used the one at their house too, but getting my own has been wonderful!! It was probably my favorite gift from them =) I have used it quite a lot these past couple weeks! 

Yes, this is a giant cow from chickfila...I gotta say...one of the most unique gifts Greyson got was this guy! It makes me laugh & Greyson say's "moo" to it =)

We took lunch over to Gmama & Gdaddy's house because Gdaddy has not been doing very well. He has been too weak to get out so we went to them.

Uncle Jac read the Christmas story at their house & helped G with his gifts...& also entertained us while we were opening ours! On the way back home, poor Greyson was surrounded by gifts!


That evening, we hosted Christmas supper at our house & my mom made her amazing Paula Dean Recipe of Chicken Noodle Soup. It was so good on a cold night. 



We had an amazing Christmas with our family. I'm so glad we got to spend another one with my parents & Aunt Richelle & Uncle Brandon. They probably won't be coming to our house in the next couple years & we will probably go up there next year anyway. It was nice to have everyone in town & Greyson sure had a lot of fun! 

Jesus is the REASON for the SEASON!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a CEO!