Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Fun!



Leading up to Christmas, we made a stop to the Bass Pro Shop to see Santa. This was technically Greyson's second time to visit Santa (from a different location) & he did relatively well with the first one. He was smiley & pleasant during the photos...unfortunately he did not feel the same about THIS Santa...poor guy! Our second visit was a bust...

Afterwards we got him calmed down by riding the carousel...even if he does look a little uncertain.




HA making his "fishy" face at the fish.

"OOOooo" he liked this bear...
We did some Christmas shopping (for the men in our lives) & spent time with some friends that we met there. It's always a fun store to go in...lots to see & keep the attention of little ones!

Later in the week, we had a Christmas party with our little play date friends! 


There were lots of little ones this time & of course...Greyson had to be the center of attention.
He got his little friend Grant, on the left end, to chime in later with all their waving & clapping...it was so cute but of course I missed getting a picture of them both in action.


Everyone brought something to snack on & a white elephant gift for mommies & babies. 
It was a lot of fun to see what everyone got & we came home with some pretty cute things! 

Greyson likes little girls & shared this ball toy with his new friend =)

Nicole was a great host (pictured) & has the perfect house to let these little ones roam! We have lots of fun going to her house! 

Another day, we met our friends at Chick fil a & then went to the Pell City Coffee Company to taste test their cupcakes for Greyson's upcoming birthday party!

It is so cute there & the cupcakes were amazing!


It was decorated so cute for Christmas =)

Hanging out with his best buddy Jace...ringing the bells on the door.

 I love these things & if anyone ever needs a recommendation for a party...here it is! 

I got a jump start on stockings & filled them during the week instead of the night before Christmas...we had so much going on I was afraid I would forget everything!
Matt's stocking (with a new lead line for his horse hanging out) in Auburn colors =)

And I just LOVE Greyson's chevron stocking! 
We got the little horse on his first visit to the Dixie Stampede when we went to Pigeon Forge, TN. I got the stockings last year from a sweet lady on Etsy & picked out each fabric. Mine is a pretty green damask style & I'm thinking about having our names embroidered on them, or just tying a neat initial on the ribbon & letting it dangle over the white...we will see.

My BIG Christmas present this year from Matt was a china cabinet!
I have been looking for a white "shabby chic" piece ever since we got married...I just happened to see this cabinet on a marketplace site people in our area use to sell everything you can imagine!
It was very decently priced & with in driving distance...so we brought it home =)

It is exactly what I have been looking for...lightly distressed & big enough for all my "stuff"

Of course this meant we had to do a little rearranging... 


 ...in the living room. We moved my big corner piece in there & it looks really nice. Plus..it seems a little crowded, but better than an empty corner! 

Other than a few other Christmas parties, I have been in Birthday mode!! I got my gifts wrapped early & had all of them done a couple weeks before Christmas =)


I put all of the gifts under the living room tree so that Greyson wouldn't bother them...funny story about  that...but I'll have to fill you in on that over my Christmas Day post =)

I love this time of year...all the activities spent with family & friends & remembering the true reason for the season...Jesus Christ our Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a CEO!